The Community Ecology and Conservation Lab (https://sites.google.com/view/rohitnaniwadekar/home) at the Nature Conservation Foundation (www.ncf-india.org) invites applications from Indian nationals for one full-time research position, possibly leading to a doctoral degree. The project will aim to understand the temporal dynamics in plant-seed disperser interactions in north-east India's tropical forests.
Essential qualifications: Candidates must
1) have a Master’s degree in Zoology/Botany/Life Sciences/Wildlife Sciences (with at least 55% in the aggregate for General and OBC candidates and at least 50% in the aggregate for all other categories),
2) have an active CSIR-UGC-JRF qualification,
3) be below 28 years of age.
Candidates with prior experience in studying plant-animal interactions will be preferred.
The last date for receiving applications is 20 April 2021.
Attach a MAXIMUM two-page CV that outlines academic record (Secondary (Class X) onwards), research experience, publications, NET JRF qualification details and other relevant details. The filename should be as follows "Lastname_CEC_NCF.pdf", e.g. "Gandhi_CEC_NCF.pdf". Applicants shortlisted for the interview will be expected to provide relevant documents for verification.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be intimated by 23 April 2021. Online interviews will be conducted in the last week of April. Results of the online interview will be declared in May, and the joining date will be subject to completion of formalities.
1. Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on the research project's termination, which may be no longer than five years since the joining of the student.
2. The selected candidate shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in Nature Conservation Foundation after completion of the project.
3. Salary of the candidate will be provided if received from CSIR/UGC. PI will not be liable for any delay in the salary of the appointee.
4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized universities/institutions. Certificates will be verified at the time of the joining of the candidate.
5. The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum, and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for an interview.