If you are interested in Birds, Nature Education and Outreach and would like to be part of a team that creates bird related material for children, trains educators and schools, and networks with other organizations to spread the joy of birds, please see below for an exciting job opening!
Project Assistant - Early Bird, Nature Conservation Foundation, Bengaluru, India
We are looking for a person with a strong interest in taking birds to children, and some experience in nature education and outreach. An interest/experience in ecology, wildlife and education in the Indian context and 1-2 years of work experience in the field is desirable.
Preferable Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Bachelors/Masters degree in any discipline, with a strong professional work ethic
- Knowledge of Indian birds and interest in birdwatching is an essential requirement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Should be comfortable working in teams and interacting with groups of people
- Experience in conducting nature camps with children will be an advantage
- Proficiency in English (writing and speaking)
- Working knowledge of any Indian language - Hindi/Kannada/Tamil - will be an advantage
According to qualifications and experience (in the range of Rs 30,000-35,000 per month) for full-time work. Salary would be adjusted appropriately for more experienced candidates.
This full-time position is housed at the Nature Conservation Foundation, North Bengaluru office, with some travel within Bengaluru and across the country when needed with other team members.
More details about the position
- You will be part of a small but extremely enthusiastic team in Nature Conservation Foundation’s Education and Public Engagement Programme.
- You will work closely with the Early Bird team to co-develop relevant educational material (posters, pocket guides, etc) and games for use within and outside the classroom. You will also need to liaison with designers, printers and publishers as part of this work.
- You will assist the Early Bird team in conducting teachers training and workshops for bird educators in different parts of the country as required.
- You will network with other bird educators to explore partnership opportunities including translation of Early Bird materials into regional languages and effective distribution of materials.
- You will assist the Early Bird team in managing our social media presence and other aspects of the project including report compilations, design and fundraising.
One year, with an initial three-month probation period and periodic work reviews. This position may be extended beyond this time frame, depending on future funding.
- Please send across a detailed CV and a one page cover letter explaining how you would be suited for this position to Subhadra Devi, Project Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application: Project Assistant (Early Bird)”
- Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in person or on phone/Skype and will be asked for two reference letters.
- You are encouraged to apply by December 6, 2019, but the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
NCF is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants of diverse backgrounds and qualifications are encouraged to apply. The specifics of the position can potentially be adjusted according to the candidate’s interests and capabilities.
If you require more details about this position you could email Abhisheka K at email@example.com
Please send across a detailed CV and a one page cover letter explaining how you would be suited for this position to Subhadra Devi, Project Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application: Project Assistant (Early Bird)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in person or on phone/Skype and will be asked for two reference letters.
You are encouraged to apply by December 6, 2019, but the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.